Section 504 Services

Students with disabilities who do not qualify for an individualized education program under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, may qualify for services under Section 504 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 if the student (i) has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, (ii) has a record of a physical or mental impairment, or (iii) is regarded as having a physical or mental impairment. KSED works in cooperation with its member school districts to assist in the 504 process within their buildings/districts. Initial questions regarding Section 504 should be directed to district administration, but parents are also welcome to reach out to Dr. Terry Burgener, Assistant Director at or 618-532-4721.  

Request for Service Logs

School personnel who provide related services to students are required to maintain written logs that contain the service provided, the date, and the number of minutes administered. These related service logs must be made available to parents/guardians upon request. These service logs are considered part of a student’s temporary school records.  If you would like to request a copy of the service logs pertaining to your child, please contact the therapist that provides the service for your child or contact our Central Office at 618-532-4721.